Spring Fling Horse Show Returns to the Equestrian Center at Kirkwood in Cedar Rapids, IA, April 4 – 7.
Published Date: Mar 08, 2019
Mid-America Horse Show Association (MAHSA) will host the 2019 Spring Fling Horse Show at the Equestrian Center at Kirkwood in Cedar Rapids, IA, April 4 through 7, 2019.
“Our goal for the 2019 Spring Fling Horse Show is to produce an early season horse show that will easily accommodate any horse that is getting ready for the new horse show season, said Connie MacQueen, MAHSA president. Last year, our 2018 Spring Fling was the first MAHSA show to take place at the Equestrian Center and, as expected, we found the Equestrian Center to be a great horse show facility providing several key features:
- 100’ x 200’ Show Ring,
- rubber matted stalls under the same roof with show and warm-up ring
- fully heated facility,
- warm water wash racks, and
- generous space and accommodations to host our hospitality events.”
The Equestrian Center location also offers a nice selection of hotels within close proximity to the Center as well as many good restaurants comprised of well-recognized national and regional names as well as popular local establishments.
The Spring Fling Horse Show features a full slate of classes for Saddlebreds, Hackney Ponies, Equitation, Open Breed, Roadster and Road Horse classes. Both “A” circuit and “B” circuit points will be awarded. Judging the Spring Fling Horse Show will be Fay Lowry.
MAHSA plans to provide plenty of hospitality and events throughout the Spring Fling Horse Show:
- Each morning begins with coffee and treats in the show office.
- Thursday evening the popular MAHSA Candy Bar returns along with the first leg of the Mid-America Series Championship competition.
- Friday evening is the Trainer's Hop-A-Long relay race completion—it’s competitive with $400 in prize money for the winning team, and fun, too! Also, MAHSA will host a Pizza Party with beverages including wine and beer.
- Saturday evening is Stake Night when MAHSA hosts an Exhibitors’ Party featuring a wide selection of appetizers and desserts accompanied by a beverage selection including wine and beer.
MAHSA continues to offer the option of requesting “to be announced” (TBA) classes. To request a TBA class for Spring Fling contact Stephanie Peterson, Spring Fling show manager, email@example.com or (612) 708-9753.
About Mid-America Horse Show Association
Mid-America Horse Show Association, incorporated in 1939, is a 501(c)(7) non-profit organization pledged to providing an environment for members to fully realize and enjoy their involvement with American Saddlebred horses, Hackney ponies and Roadsters through competitions, education and other equine related activities.
Mid-America is one of the largest charter clubs of the American Saddlebred Horse Association with members who are owners, trainers, exhibitors and admirers of these horses and ponies, as well as riders of Saddle Seat Equitation.
The organization produces three shows a year and oversees a regional circuit of 25 affiliated A, A/B and B rated shows in Illinois and surrounding states where members earn points toward year-end awards.
Mid-America is a charter member of the American Saddlebred Horse Association (ASHA) and is affiliated with the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF), the Horsemen's Council of Illinois, and supports the American Saddlebred Museum.