“Spend A Day With…” Auction Benefiting ASHA Equine Welfare Advocacy Committee Relief Efforts
Published Date: May 18, 2020
The ASHA Equine Welfare Advocacy Committee (EWAC) is offering over 15 once-in-a-lifetime experiences of a Saddlebred lover’s #asbdreams with this Spend A Day With… Auction! This fundraiser is benefiting their efforts to assist American Saddlebred horses in public seizures and welfare cases and grants provided to rescues helping these horses. With several cases requiring immediate funds, this fundraiser is timely and essential to allow EWAC to continue its important work on behalf of the American Saddlebred horse. This is a rare chance to have a day all to yourself with legends in our community and help us help American Saddlebreds in need.
The auction is available at 32auctions.com and will run until May 31, 2020, at 9:00 pm CT. Link to auction available here. Bidders will have to create a 32auction account on the website. Credit cards and PayPal are accepted for payment. All winners will be responsible for their transportation, lodging, and travel expenses. Winners will schedule directly with experience donors.
Every year EWAC grants thousands of dollars to assist American Saddlebreds in legal equine welfare cases and through the Bruce Hanson Grant to rescue organizations working to help American Saddlebred horses. This fundraiser will provide much-needed funds to help continue these efforts and the expected increase of future horses and rescues in need of support in the coming year. EWAC Committee Chair Kathie Dunn Jacobsen and her dedicated committee members work diligently to spearhead programs and assistance efforts to help all American Saddlebreds. We are incredibly grateful to Sandra Currier for leading this effort to organize this fundraiser with the help of Suzanne Mohme. Richfield Video Subscribers can view Sandy sharing more about the EWAC Fundraiser during their Quarantine Webcast last week.
Below is a list of the current “Spend A Day With” experience auction items. Stay tuned to 32auctions.com for more exciting additions early this week.
- Spend a day with David and Kristen Cater at their farm in Dunbarton, New Hampshire. What better to match with a scenic New England getaway then a visit to one of the premier training operation in the trotting breed community. From Saddlebreds, Morgans, Hackneys, and Equitation there is something for everyone! You won’t want to miss this opportunity to see beautiful horses, striking scenery and suburb training and instruction from this multi-breed world champion developing team.
- Visit with Anna Marie Knipp, watch Jim and Fay Lowry work horses at High Spirits Farm LLC in Ashland , Missouri. There will be plenty of entertainment provided by Mr. Lowry!!
- Spend a day at the beautiful Singing Hills in the heart of the “Saddlebred Capital of the World”! The winner will have a day full of all the behind the scenes and best things at this leading Saddlebred breeding and development operation. Winners will enjoy the following:
- A day at the beautiful farm in Shelbyville KY. Between April 1 – June 15, 2020 or 2021.
- The day will include a morning spent in the breeding lab with Annalize, the opportunity to view a collection, mares being checked and the possibility of seeing newly born foals with the mares
- Lunch will be provided – prepared by the famous chef Gene Van der Walt – a treat in and of itself
- Time spent in the state of the art training barn – watching horses train.
- In addition – you may get to meet the famous pig “Bacon” – if she is willing to make an appearance.
- Knollwood Farm LTD will donate a day including 3 private lessons for any skill level. From a walk and trot rider on the safest of school horses up to a five-gaited lesson, Knollwood Farm has a variety of lesson horses to suit your needs and goals. The day will include a lunch with Scott and Carol to answer any questions you may have about whatever aspect of the horse industry or Knollwood Farm LTD and to get to know the trainers behind the most recent Triple Crown Winning team!
- Spend a morning or afternoon with famous equine photographer Avis Girdler. Enjoy her stories about the horses she has seen and photographed. Bring your camera along for some helpful hints and there may even be a horse to photograph.
- The highest bidder will receive a day with Andy and Lynda Freseth at Hollow Haven Farm in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. The day will include a ride and or drive with private lessons from Andy and Lynda. It will also include spectating throughout the day of working horses with a tutorial of what and why. We will take advantage of the wonderful Lake Country restaurants for lunch where we can share our experiences from our start in the business to present day. That will include the background on the move of Hollow Haven to Versailles, Kentucky.
- Dr. Hugh Behling of Cross Creek Equine Services in Simpsonville, KY will donate $500.00 in veterinary services.
- Dr. John Cummings of Kentucky and Florida is offering $500.00 in veterinary services.
- Spend a day at Desmar Stables in Harrodsburg, KY. Enjoy talking to Raymond and Lillian Shivley. Watch Mark Turner work horses and enjoy some lessons. “The Master Of Faster “will answer all of your Road Horse questions and Lillian will help your equitation rider !!
- Spend a day at Premier stables with Rob and Sara Byers and Renee Biggins. This trio has had a hand in numerous World’s Champions success. From five gaited, three gaited, equitation and everything in between. There is a distinct possibility of Don Harris showing up for lunch!!
- Spend a day in Versailles, KY with Nelson Green and Johanna Kapioltas. If you are interested in working with young horses, this is the place to be. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to ask Nelson to tell you about some of the many tales he has!
- Spend the day with R. H. Bennett and Richfield Video. See all the work involved in producing the live feed and you may get to interview the winner of some of the classes!!
- Spend the day with the one and only Merrill Murray! This five time winning five gaited World’s Grand Champion trainer is a living legend with stories to spare. You won’t want to miss a chance to pick his brain about his WGC’s Courageous Lord, CH S.S. Genuine, CH Our Golden Duchess and many other legendary Saddlebred and Roadster champions who have called Merlin Farm home!
- Saddlebred Distance Riding experience of a lifetime with American Saddlebred Endurance trainer and breeder Shelah Wetter! Ever wanted to explore the beautiful Washington state from the back of a beautiful American Saddlebred? Here is your chance! Come spend a day with Shelah on her enduance horses learning about endurance riding! We'll ride from 7-20 miles, depending on your fitness level in the beautiful Eastern Washington, on some amazingly beautiful trails!!
- Take a tour of Sunrise Stables with Melissa Moore. Watch her work horses and ask her about her modeling career. Get a center ring education from one of the most sought after judging clinicians, get her view on how to judge a class and learn what judges are looking for.
- Join Luman Wadhams and Elaine Gregory in Warren, Vermont for a day on the farm. Nestled amongst the Vermont pines and hills is Luman Wadhams Stable, owned by Luman and Jennie Wadhams. This picturesque setting is the site of this "Spend A Day with..." opportunity. In addition to riding and/or driving lessons depending on experience, the winning bidder will also enjoy a nights stay in a log cabin and enjoy trailing riding and beautiful scenery. Watch Road Horses, Morgans and Saddlebreds be worked. Ask Elaine to see her famous beloved birds.