ASHA 2020 Academy Award Point Submission Deadline Extended
Published Date: Oct 20, 2020
The American Saddlebred Horse Association (ASHA) has extended the 2020 Academy Awards program points report submission deadline date to Friday, November 20, 2020. Complete and submit the ASHA Academy Award Official Points Report for the 2019-2020 season and return to Samantha Geller at email@example.com by Friday, November 20, 2020. Any questions about the deadline extension can also be directed to Samantha Geller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more about the ASHA Academy Awards program below!
The American Saddlebred Horse Association Academy Awards program encourages and recognizes juveniles and adults participating in academy classes at horse shows throughout the country. Academy classes create an opportunity for beginning saddle seat riders to develop and fine-tune their horsemanship skills, sportsmanship, and appreciation for the American Saddlebred.
An Academy class is any class offered at a local tournament in which two or more stables are participating, or any class at an open show that is designated "academy." Participants compete on horses designated as school horses, or horses that are regularly used in riding lesson program instruction. Acceptable riding attire is jodhpurs or dark pants, boots and dress shirt or a sweatshirt bearing the stable’s logo. Riding suits are unacceptable, and protective headgear is optional.
Academy Awards Rules
- Points accumulate between October 1, 2019 and October 30, 2020 of each year and are tabulated by riding instructors. Points are kept on an official point sheet and must be signed by BOTH the rider and the instructor or youth club advisor.
- The point sheets are to be sent to ASHA by November 20, 2020 for verification.
- One (1) point is given for participating in an academy riding or driving class. One (1) point is given for placing 2nd – 8th in an academy riding or driving class. Two (2) points are given for placing 1st in an academy riding or driving class.
- ASHA membership is required in order for the points to count.
- A bronze medallion will be awarded for earning 15 points in the first year of competition, a silver medallion for 15 points in the second consecutive year, and a gold for 15 points in the third consecutive year.
- Download the ASHA Academy Award Official Points Report
- ASHA Academy Guidelines