Important Reminders and Voting Procedures for ASHA Virtual Annual Meeting
Published Date: Feb 16, 2021
The ASHA Virtual Annual Member Meeting will be hosted on Zoom Wednesday, February 17, 2021. The ASHA Virtual Annual Member Meeting will feature reports from ASHA President, Executive Director, Treasurer, a Registry Report and a membership vote on populating the member appointed seats on the Nominating Committee for Directors and the ASHA/ASR Merger Proposal.
All 2021 members interested in attending the virtual meeting need to register as soon as possible. Once registered you will receive your individual meeting access information. Any 2021 eligible voting members who have not submitted a vote via an online or mail-in proxy and intend to vote live during the meeting will need to be attending the Zoom webinar on a computer or the Zoom app on a smartphone or tablet.
Below we have provided key points to remember when voting during the meeting and tips on how to access and use Zoom meetings and their features.
MEMBERSHIP VOTE IMPORTANT REMINDERS
- If you are voting in person you must participate in the Zoom meeting via the internet or the Zoom app on a smart phone or tablet. This will ensure the integrity of the voting process and ensure that your vote is properly counted. It is fine to attend the meeting by calling in phone to listen in on the proceedings, but you will not be able to cast a vote. If you previously submitted a proxy via online voting or mail in and do not wish to change your vote, it is not necessary to vote again.
- To access the voting platform on Zoom, you will be able to move your mouse or cursor to the bottom of the Zoom Screen. A number of features will be highlighted. Click on the “Chat” feature and a clickable link will appear that will place you in the voting platform. Please use that link to access the official ballot; enter the personal identifying information -- then you will be ready to vote.
- At various points during the ASHA Virtual Annual Membership Meeting, there will be an opportunity for discussion. Please use the “raise your hand” function on the Zoom platform – again, this is at the bottom of the Zoom screen -- and you will be recognized. Speakers will be limited to 2 minutes each. No additional motions will be accepted during the voting portion of the meeting.
ZOOM TIPS AND TUTORIAL TOOLS
Zoom is free to download, and you don't even need to sign up for an account to join a webinar!
Watch this short video tutorial on downloading Zoom to join a meeting.
Test your system by joining a Zoom Test Meeting.
JOINING A WEBINAR BY THE INVITATION LINK SENT TO YOUR EMAIL
- Click the link in the invitation e-mail to open the webinar. (First time users will be prompted to download and run Zoom. Follow system commands to do so.)
- If system dialog appears, "Allow" system to open Zoom Meetings.
- If prompted, finish registration by entering the requested information.
- Click "Join Audio Conference by Computer"
- Sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
JOIN BY PHONE
- Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
+1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968
- Enter Webinar ID when prompted, and hit #. The Webinar ID can be found in the invitation e-mail sent to you after you registered for meeting.
- Dial *9 to raise and lower your hand.
To watch the webinar on your computer screen while listening on your phone, follow Steps 1-4 of Joining a Webinar by Invitation Link, then choose "Phone Call" for your audio option. Follow instructions on screen.
Use the buttons on your Toolbar to Chat, Raise Hand, or ask a Question.
Click "Chat" to chat. Use the dropdown menu to select your recipients:
- All Panelists - these messages will go to the speaker and webinar facilitators.
Type your message and hit the "Enter" (or "Return") key to send it. You may also send a message to the moderator via the Q&A box
The Q&A window allows you to ask questions to the host and panelists. They can either reply back to you via text in the Q&A window or answer your question live.
- Click Q&A to open the Q&A window. You can move this window around your screen.
- Type your question into the Q&A box.
- Click Send.
- If the host replies via text, you will see a reply in the Q&A window.
- The speaker can also answer your question live (out loud). You will see a notification in the Q&A window if the speaker plans to do this.
Click "Raise Hand" to virtually raise your hand. The button text will turn orange and a hand icon will appear when your hand is raised. You can "lower your hand" by clicking the button again.