ASHBA Board Spotlight Q & A with Emily Lee
Published Date: Apr 07, 2021
Learn more about one of the leaders at the American Saddlebred Horse and Breeders Association (ASHBA). Follow us each week as we share these Q & A's with each member of our board of directors! You'll learn their history with the breed and how they want to make a positive difference for the American Saddlebred.
- Name: Emily Lee
- Location: Versailles KY
- How did you get started with the American Saddlebred? I saw my first Saddlebred out in a field when I was 13. I thought she was absolutely beautiful and like no other horse I had ever seen. I have loved and owned a Saddlebred ever since.
- What is your involvement with the American Saddlebred currently? My husband Tre’ and I own and operate Prospect Lane Farm. We train and show American Saddlebreds from young horses to Juvenile and Amateur riders. We currently stand 2 Stallions and breed and raise 10 - 12 babies every year.
- Why are you passionate about serving on the ASHBA board? I love this industry and the breed and want to see it thrive for years to come. I am honored to be able to serve and do my part to help build for the future.
- What other industry boards &/or committees have you served before? UPHA Chapter 9 Chair, ASR Board, and ASHA Board.
- What is your vision for bettering the breed through serving on the ASHBA board? I am excited about what we have been able to accomplish with the merger. I believe it will help us to pull our efforts and resources so that we can better accomplish our unified goals. I am passionate about getting more people involved in our industry and encourage everyone to have at least one broodmare.
- What committees/councils/initiatives at the ASHBA will be or are you serving on as board member? I am the current Vice President on the ASHBA board. I serve on the Stallion Sweeps, Operations and Convention Planning committees.
- What are the top three challenges you believe the ASHBA Board should be working on? Registrations, Membership, Promotion
- What is one thing most people don’t know about you that you’d like to share? My 2 favorite things are watching my son play basketball in middle school and going to Walt Disney World.