Share Your Saddlebred Story on how the Horse is at the Heart of Your Mental Wellness!
Published Date: May 03, 2021
Photo courtesy of Stevie B Photos
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and is a perfect time to reflect on how our horses help make our lives better. Do you love the time you spend with the American Saddlebred as your barn therapy, saddle time sanctuary, or trusted confidant? This month we will be featuring a series of Saddlebred Stories, testimonials, resources and more that highlight how equestrian activities have a benefit on people’s mental wellness.
Regardless of how you enjoy the Saddlebred, we all love their engaging personalities, kindness, and inquisitive nature that have a way of making anyone smile. This Saddlebred Strong series is a way to share not only the love we have for our American Saddlebreds, but also spotlight the ways they help us cope, succeed, and better enjoy the life we live in and out of the barn.
If you have a testimonial of how a horse, barn family, or influencer from the American Saddlebred community has helped improve or maintain your mental health this is your chance to share a special scene from your Saddlebred Story! If you are interested, be sure to check out the details on how to participate below. Letters that are selected to be featured will be entered for the chance to win some great items from the ASHBA and USA Saddle Seat.
How to Participate
- Submit a letter sharing your Mental Wellness Saddlebred Story Monday, May 14 at 5 PM Eastern.
- Letters must be at least 500 words
- At least two photos that complement the piece, one of which must be horizontal/landscape in orientation, must accompany letters. The photos you submit MUST be able to be published by the ASHA and please include any photography credits for professionally taken photos.
- Along with your letter and photos, please include your American Saddlebred’s registered name, your full name, age, and the state that you live in.
- All letters and photos can be submitted via email to email@example.com with subject line “Horses Mental Wellness”. We will notify you that your letter has been selected to be published by Monday, May 17 and contacted for your mailing address.
Thank you for loving the American Saddlebred, we look forward to sharing some of your amazing Saddlebred Stories!