PARTNERS FOR THE RIDE
- Horse Services
- Horse Reports
- Horse Searches
- Prize Programs
- Half Saddlebreds
Prize Program: Sweepstakes
The American Saddlebred Sweepstakes Program is designed to perpetuate the breeding, training and showing of the American Saddlebred horse. They are a great benefit in promoting the breed and bringing new people into the industry.
Entries in the Three- and Four-Year-Old Sweepstakes compete in the following classes: Three-Gaited, Five-Gaited, Fine Harness and Three-Gaited Park Pleasure. Entries in the Two-Year-Old Sweepstakes will compete in the following classes: Three-Gaited Park and Fine Harness. Entries in the Four-Year-Old Hunter Sweepstakes compete in the Hunter Sweepstakes class.
Horses are nominated in the yearling year to the Two- and Three-Year-Old Sweepstakes and in the three-year-old year to the Four-Year-Old Sweepstakes and Four-Year-Old Hunter Sweepstakes. A horse does not have to be nominated for the Two-Year-Old Sweepstakes in order to be nominated for the Three-Year-Old Sweepstakes. Horses do not have to be nominated for the Three-Year-Old Sweepstakes in order to be nominated for the Four-Year-Old Sweepstakes.
Nomination with payment is required for each program separately by their respective due dates.
- Two-Year-Old Sweepstakes Payments
- $75 due June 1 of the horse's yearling year OR $125 due September 15 of the horse's yearling year AND $200 due June 1 of the horse's two-year-old year.
- Three-Year-Old Sweepstakes Payments
- $500 due March 1 of the horse's yearling year OR $200 due March 1 of the horse's yearling year AND $200 due March 1 of the horse's two-year-old year AND $200 due March 1 of the horse's three-year-old year.
- Four-Year-Old Sweepstakes Payments
- $500 due March 1 of the horse's three-year-old year OR $250 due March 1 of the horse's three-year-old year AND $250 due March 1 of the horse's four-year-old year.
- Four-Year-Old Hunter Sweepstakes Payments
- $500 due June 1 of the horse's three-year-old year OR $250 due June 1 of the horse's three-year-old year AND $250 due June 1 of the horse's four-year-old year.
All Sweepstakes classes are conducted under the rules of the U. S. Equestrian Federation. The Sweepstakes differ from the Futurity program in that nominations for sires, dams and weanlings are not required. A horse is nominated in its yearling year to the Two- and/or Three-Year-Old Sweepstakes and is nominated to the Four-Year-Old Sweepstakes in its three-year-old year.
Another unique feature of the American Saddlebred Sweepstakes program is the judge selection is done by a vote of the Sweepstakes’ participants, with the approval of the ASR Sweepstakes Committee. Prize money is divided between the recorded owner at the time of competition and the original nominator(s). In 2018, the Sweepstakes awarded over $136,275 in prize money, which was distributed as follows: Two-Year-Old Sweepstakes, $20,525; Three-Year-Old Sweepstakes, $71,000; Four-Year-Old Sweepstakes, $44,750.
Sweepstakes Forms (forms include payment schedule) & Rules:
- 2018 Two-Year-Old Sweepstakes Nomination Form
- 2018 Three-Year-Old Sweepstakes Nomination Form
- 2018 Four-Year-Old Sweepstakes Nomination Form
- Sweepstakes General Rules
- 2018 Four-Year-Old Hunter Sweepstakes Nomination Form
- Four-Year-Old Hunter Sweepstakes Rules
Four-Year-Old Hunter Sweepstakes
To find out if a horse is nominated to the ASR Sweepstakes, please contact Patricia Edwards at 859.259.3899 or e-mail email@example.com